1. Personal Data collected
When you register on our Platform and to access our thematic training courses, you must provide us with the following Personal Data:
- Last name
- First name
- E-mail address
- Position (journalist/journalism student/other)
- Company or Education Institution
- Country of residence
2. Purposes of use of Personal Data
The Data collected is used for the purposes and on the legal grounds described below:
- To allow you to access the training courses and if applicable, to issue you with a certificate of completion.
Legal basis: your consent
- To carry out analyses and statistics relating to the follow-up of our trainings and the type of public of our Platform and our trainings.
Legal basis: our legitimate interest
- To send you communications about the trainings you follow or about other trainings we offer.
Legal basis: this processing has as its legal base your consent and/or our legitimate interest
- To send you questionnaires about our training courses to improve their quality.
Legal basis: our legitimate interest
- To comply with our legal obligations.
Your Data can not be processed for other purposes than those mentioned above.
3. Data Retention Period
The Data is kept for a period not exceeding that necessary for the purposes described above and for our legal obligations.
The main retention periods are as follows:
- Your certificate of achievement of the training course attended: 6 years maximum from the date of issue
- Other Data: 3 years maximum from the date of collection of the Data or the last contact from you
4. Transfer of Personal Data to third parties
4.1 Cases in which transfers may be made
We keep your Data within AFP, except in certain cases defined below.
- Third parties with whom we collaborate may have access to your Personal Data: these are the subcontractors we use essentially for technical, commercial, marketing, legal and e-mail services.
We ensure that the recipients and subcontractors concerned comply with the legislation in force relating to the protection of Personal Data.
- We may also transfer your Data if it is necessary to (i) respond to any claim (ii) comply with any legal obligation (iii) in the case of an emergency endangering public health or the physical integrity of a person or (iv) to protect our rights and safety, yours and those of third parties.
- We may transfer your Data to AFP's subsidiaries and/or to a third-party entity in the case of a reorganization of the AFP group (merger, acquisition, spin-off, etc.)
4.2 Locations in which transfers may be made
It is possible that Data may be transferred to third countries, some of which may have less protective legislation than that applicable within the European Union.
This is the case for Data transferred to some of our subcontractors based outside the European Union, which we may use for certain specific services.
In the event of such transfers to countries that are not considered to have an adequate level of protection, we ensure that they are governed by legal instruments that allow the Data recipients to comply with the obligations applicable within the European Union with regard to the processing of Data (standard contractual clauses from the European Commission), in order to guarantee a sufficient level of protection of privacy and fundamental rights of individuals.
5. Communications by email
We may send you, in accordance with applicable law, and with your consent where required by law, communications or questionnaires about courses you are attending or that we offer, or about AFP products or services that may be of interest to you.
If you no longer want to be included on our e-mail distribution list, you may opt out by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in each of our communications or by sending us an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
6. The exercise of your rights on your Personal Data
You have the right to request a copy of your Personal Data, as well as their rectification or erasure. You may also ask us to restrict or object to processing.
In all the above cases, we may, to respond to your request, (i) verify your identity and (ii) ask you to provide additional information.
Please note that we may retain certain information where we are required to do so by law or where we have a legitimate reason to do so.
If you want to exercise your rights, please contact us at the address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests in a reasonable time frame.
It is also possible to introduce a claim to the competent Supervisory Authority, the Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL) https://www.cnil.fr/